Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Flying Home made stuff!!

Gday, I was inspired by the Larry Walters, who did the ballooning on July 2nd, 1982 with 45 helium filled balloons. He took along water, a parachute and a portable CB radio to alert air traffic to his presence. I wanted to do something like him from last 9 years with an aim in my mind to help our society. I have not any professional training in flying but I always dreamed to fly in blue sky. I studied by myself on Google and managed everything which was required for flying. On Nov 14th, 2009, crew stated preparation in an open ground around midnight. All my friends and family members were encouraging me and were helping me to create my homemade aircraft. On Nov 15th 2009, everything was ready by 8.00 am. It was really cold with a dense fog all over the ground. Wind speed was about 13 km/h. I had planned to fly around 8.30 am but it was delayed due to bad weather. I was waiting for the clear weather with good visibility. I was too desperate to fly. Every min was passing like an hour. I was surrounded by the village peoples and news channels crew. All villagers were wondered to see huge balloons. I had chat with them. They had also arranged tea and cookies for us. By passing time, sky was going to clear enough. I again checked gas level and other arrangements. Two 16 ft. balloons were needed to refill again to carry enough weight. Around 12.00 noon, weather was clear enough but wind speed was still around 8-10 km/h. At last, I decided to fly with the current conditions. On ...

No comments:

Post a Comment